Logistics People are recruiting Security Officers To Join Our Team At Our Panattoni Park Depot
Shift Pattern : 4 on 4 off
Pay Rate : £11.00 p /hr
Purpose of the role
The overall purpose of the role is to support Site Operations by reducing the risk of criminality to buildings, assets, employees and visitors.
The role may include but is not limited to the following:
Key accountability areas
- Conduct regular and randomised searches on any staff or visitors within the site with the aid of scanners and metal detectors.
- Conduct regular internal and external patrols of the site.
- Monitor and observe CCTV and respond to and report any issues or incidents
- Ensure that any goods vehicles (deliveries or collections) entering or leaving the site are logged accurately on the relevant PC System.
- Maintain a close liaison with Site contacts, other colleagues, CCTV Controllers and the Operations Manager in relation to any incidents.
- To help support the reduction in accidents and H&S breaches and minimise the risks to employees and visitors.
- Monitor, operate and communicate using all forms of equipment (Phones, intercoms, radios, email).
- Assist in site evacuations by following the procedures outlined in the Fire Evacuation Plan.
- Always maintain strict Data Protection (GDPR) standards, adhering to the policies and procedures put in place in relation to monitoring, recording, extracting and sharing of information.
- To carry out, where possible, reasonable instructions issued by the site management team
The knowledge or skills required for the role
- Good standard of education including good numeracy and literacy skills – E
- The ability to write clear and accurate Incident Reports – E
- Proven interpersonal and communicating skills including a clear and concise telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels – E
- Recent experience of working within a team environment and relevant experience of working alone and setting own priorities – E
- Have excellent observational skills – E
- Have excellent people and Conflict Management skills – E
- Can respond quickly and appropriately to situations or incidents on site – E
- Must have good attention to detail and ability the to multitask when required – E
- Recent experience using Windows IT systems (Word, Excel and Outlook) – E
SIA Licence Required
Advanced Training Will Be Provided
If you feel you are suitable for this role please click “Apply” today