Logistics People are looking for HGV Class 1 Shunters to join our team. Be a part of our CORE workforce with GUARANTEED, On going work!
Working Hours: Sunday – Thursday Shifts Available
Pay rate: £16.26 – £18.00 P/hr
Logistics People are currently recruiting HGV Class 1 Shunters to join our Team in Sherburn, based at our ESL site.
About Logistics People:
The Logistics People are a team of dedicated and energetic recruitment specialists, passionate about delivering exceptional results. All our recruitment specialists are experts in the industry, with years of experience under their belts, allowing them to successfully match the right jobseekers with hiring employers.
What’s in it for you:
- Pay rate – £16.26 – £18.00 P/hr
- Sunday – Thursday Shifts Available
- 24/7 on call support
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
What’s the role?
As a Shunter you will be successfully maintaining an effective and safe operational environment on site. You will be responsible for controlling our daily plans and maximising the potential of our resources. The role is responsible for the safe movement of LGV vehicles on sites.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Loading and parking trailer assets; maintaining communication to the traffic office
- Shunting equipment with care and attention whilst ensuring complete compliance with Safe Systems of Work
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the trailer bays, ensuring the flow is maintained
- Managing the fleet resources in the yard including Vehicles Off Road
- Accurately completing all required yard-related administrative checks i.e. fleet checks, yard checks, trailer checks, pre-op vehicle checks and equipment audits
- Follow site and business Health and Safety / Safe Systems of work policies
- Reporting on available and unavailable (i.e. defective) fleet assets in the yard
- Maintaining the yard hygiene and risk management as necessary
- Carry out any additional office task as required by your line manager
- Shunting within a site yard.
- They would be required to go across the road to refill the tug with diesel but when doing this they would not be attached to a trailer it would be cab only when going across the road.
- Due to the nature of the role we are looking for someone with relative experience of shunting articulated vehicles in a transport traffic office.
- You will be an extremely self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision.
- You will need to be used to problem solving in your previous roles and have experience looking after a transport operation including customer requirements and managing resources.
Is this job right for you? If you have all of the below the answer is Yes!
- Valid CPC card
- Valid Digi Card
- Valid HGV Class 1 licence is essential
What are the benefits of working for Logistics People?
- 24/7 on-site support
- Career progression opportunities
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Long term work
- Modern Facilities
- Immediate Starts
- Great Rates Of Pay
DON’T BE SHY!! APPLY – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY