Purpose of the role
The overall purpose of the role is to support operations by delivering site security and control to buildings, assets, employees and site visitors.
The role may include but is not limited to the following.
Key accountability areas
- Operate Access Control to the sites using intercom and CCTV
- Conduct regular internal and external patrols of the site.
- Ensure that any goods vehicles (deliveries or collections) entering or leaving the site are logged accurately on the relevant log books and PC Systems.
- Maintain a close liaison with the Port Site manager, other colleagues, national CCTV Controllers and the Northern Security Manager in relation to any incidents.
- To help support the reduction of accidents and Health and Safety breaches, support and minimise the risks to employees and visitors.
- Monitor, operate and communicate using all forms of equipment (Phones, intercoms, radios, email).
- Assist in site evacuations by following the procedures outlined in the Fire Evacuation Plan.
- Always maintain strict Data Protection (GDPR) standards, adhering to the policies and procedures put in place in relation to monitoring, recording, extracting and sharing of information.
- Remain adaptable to change and carry out instructions issued by the site management team.
THE KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE E/D
- Good standard of education including good numeracy and literacy skills E
- The ability to write clear and accurate Incident Reports. E
- Proven interpersonal and communicating skills including a clear and concise telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels. E
- Recent experience of working within a team environment and relevant experience of working alone, delivering security and safety by following instructions. E
- Have excellent observational skills. E
- Have excellent people and Conflict Management skills. E
- Can respond quickly and appropriately to situations or incidents on site.
- Must have good attention to detail and ability the to multitask when required. E
- Recent experience using Windows IT systems (Word, Excel and Outlook) E
- SIA Licence Required SIA in CCTV, Security Guard or Door supervisor E
Working 07:00 – 19:00 Saturday and Sunday
If you feel you are suitable for the role please send your CV to: