Logistics People are recruiting a Warehouse Supervisor
Hours are 4 on 4 off 06:00-18:00/18:00-06:00 rotating shifts
Immediate starts available
The key job purpose is to supervise the efficient use of resources to meet the customer daily throughput needs whilst maintaining ESL’s required standards.
The job holder is responsible for Supervising the on site operation to meet health and safety requirements, company procedures, customer service, compliance to COMAH, ISO and BRC Standards and any agreed KPI performance monitors.
- Maintain Health and Safety via compliance with risk assessment guidelines and liaison with site employees and management.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and BRC Global Standard
- Maintain the working relationship between Transport and Warehousing
- Maintain a good relationship with the customers.
- Supervising the warehouse processes, receiving and despatching of customer orders to time constraints.
- Manage the reporting of operational KPI’s, and their presentation to ESL management.
- Ensure all relevant staff are aware of responsibilities and roles within the COMAH operations on site.
- Participating in the development, review and updating periodically of the site COMAH safety report.
- Supervise the use of resources to ensure best operational efficiency.
- Ensure Compliance with Company Procedures by all staff.
- Maintain good communication.
- Monitor and Maintain the required housekeeping standards
- Ensure compliance to the companies Hygiene Policy through effective monitoring of staff and facilities
- Ensure compliance with warehouse procedures for the reporting of damages and any signs of contamination.
- Report any defects found on site in relation to the product, equipment or facitilities to and facilitate the resolution of these issues.
- Responsibility for first levelHR
- Supervise the monitoring of stock accuracy
- Must Hold a FLT licence Counterbalance
- Be willing to undertake any aspect of warehouse work including FLT driving, order picking, as may be required to complete the daily schedule.
- Liaise with General Manager, Operations Manager, their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the business to continually improve compliance to the management systems.
- Monitor and manage direct reports to ensure compliance with Company procedures
- Process and Quality Manager/Auditors.
- Fleet Department, Drivers, Planners and Customer Services
- Awarding Bodies, enforcing authorities & other agencies or professional bodies.
- Customer, Drivers
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Deputise for Incident Commander (and allocate this to a deputy if necessary to cover for absence) for all COMAH exercises and incidents.
- Bring to the attention of the Head of HSQE any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
Safety Equipment Required
- Safety Footwear
- High Visibility Vest
- Hard Hat
(in the event that site specific equipment is required this shall be issued as required)
Document Issue and Access Requirements
- Unrestricted access to Stobart Intranet
- Access to relevant paper and electronic medium references required to develop audit programmes, confirm compliance, and for continuous improvement of the management systems.
As defined within the Stobart Delegated Authorities Procedure
- 5 years in a logistics or FMCG warehousing operation with some previous supervisory experience
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Capable of managing customer relationships, good interpersonal skills and resilient character.
- Detailed knowledge of warehousing and transport operations, the supporting systems and man management.
- Sound knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 andBRC Global Standard regarding Storage and Distribution of Ambient products
- Creative and innovative, supported by analytical skills and capable of using standard P.C. software.
- High levels of commitment and motivation, with sound problem solving skills to drive improvement in performance.Have basic knowledge of all compliance requirements in relation to the companies
If you are interested in the role and have the relevant experience please “Apply” today!