Logistics People are looking for Transport Planners to join our team.
Working Hours: 4 On 4 Off Night shifts
Pay rate: £11.46 p/hr
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join our Doncaster depot. As one of our
Transport Planners you will be playing a central role in creating effective transport plans for our customers within the
wider Stobart network, whilst complying with legal responsibilities.
What does working as a Transport Planner for Logistics People involve?
Main Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Effective management and planning of drivers, through on-going communication and using our state-of-the-art transport software
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure that our internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated to an exceptional standard
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Understanding and achieving key performance targets relating to the safety and efficiency of our fleet (including utilisation and costing)
- Constantly communicate with our customer service teams and drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained
What kind of person are we looking for?
- As the successful candidate you will be able to work on your own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues.
- You should be able to comfortably organise your own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines.
- You should be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular.
- You must also have at least 2 years’ experience in a transport and logistics environment.
What are the benefits of working for Logistics People?
- 24/7 on-site support
- Career progression opportunities
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Long term work
- Modern Facilities
- Immediate Starts
- Great Rates Of Pay
DON’T BE SHY!! APPLY – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY