Logistics People are looking for Transport Operators to join our team.
Working Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 07:30 – 19:30
Pay rate: £11.04 p/hr
What does working as a Transport Planner for Logistics People involve?
The role-holder will be required to be responsible for and undertake the following tasks.
- Ensuring that all elements of the job are effectively communicated to drivers and sub-contractors.
- Ensuring drivers are debriefed as per the site instructions and POD’s are captured and uploaded in a timely manner
- Ensure that all drivers are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours’ regulations.
- Liaising with planning team to optimise fleet/driver utilisation, identifying and resolving problems affecting delivery on time.
- Close liaison with other operators and team leaders to discuss efficiencies and agreed operational practices.
- Assist in the control of equipment, ensuring that customer requirements are met and recorded.
- Effectively manage the balance between own fleet and sub contract requirements, identifying and suggesting any areas for improvement
- Conducting initial investigations into accidents or issues of driver performance and raising with Transport Supervisors and HR to ensure they are dealt with efficiently and consistently.
- Working alongside fleet to ensure timely return of vehicles
- Working with Compliance to ensure trucks are legal and information is downloaded in a timely manner
- Assist Supervisors in speaking to drivers about Virtual Risk Manager and improving driving style to improve FW MPG and overall safety and to ensure that costs are managed in accordance with the KPI’s.
- Undertake additional tasks/duties as may be required by Management from time to time.
What are the benefits of working for Logistics People?
- 24/7 on-site support
- Career progression opportunities
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Long term work
- Modern Facilities
- Immediate Starts
- Great Rates Of Pay
DON’T BE SHY!! APPLY – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY