Logistics People are recruiting a Shift Manager on Behalf of Iforce.
Shift: Any 5 out of 7 rotating shift 06:15 – 14:15 / 14:15 – 22:15 (40 hours per week)
Salary: £35,700 (full time contract)
Immediate starts available
Role Purpose: Manage staff and other resources in the safe and profitable delivery of the services required by the clients. Maintain statutory and company standards with regard to safety, welfare and security within all aspects of shift activity.
- Manage the standard shift inbound and outbound operational processes within the constraints of the required services, operational cost, accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain appropriate administration of processes for reporting and tracking key information
- Within the scope of the shift activity, ensure that all processes, daily checks, defect reporting, training and operations are conducted in line with both company and legislative health and safety requirements
- Assist in the operational resource and performance planning processes
- Maintain relevant performance management processes including the company disciplinary procedure
- Provide guidance, support, instruction and training for the development of skills, knowledge and awareness relative to operational requirements, health, safety and welfare of all staff within your areas of responsibility
- Conduct investigative processes and where appropriate take relevant action with regards to providing improvement to operational deficiencies and implementation of change
- Carry out any other duties, which from time to time may be reasonably requested from the management team.
- Meet with required SLA standards.
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Adaptable & responsive to change
- Resource planning skills
- Disciplinary procedure where appropriate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills