Logistics People are looking for a Production Controller On behalf of our client, IPS In Lutterworth!
Working Hours: Any 5 from 7 rotating – 06:00am-14:00pm and 14:00pm-22:00pm on a weekly rotation basis.
Pay rate: £34,000 – £36,000 P/a
IPS – The UK’s Market Leading Co-Packer, working with some of the best known food brands to provide cost-effective and innovative co-packing, co-filling and co-manufacturing solutions. Our comprehensive range of contract packing services have been developed and tailored in response to the requirements of our clients.
Our Lutterworth site are now recruiting for a Production Controller on a temp to perm basis.
To manage production lines and labour to meet planned volume and commercial targets in accordance with QA and safety standards. To be a role model for best practice at all times, and provide support to Line Leaders where appropriate.
- To effectively maximise production efficiency to ensure plan is met on an hourly/daily basis
- To effectively motivate a team of people to meet production targets
- Ensure the final product meets client specifications (SPI)
- Effectively use the onsite Warehouse Management systems
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations
- To ensure all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- Assist in the development of a skills matrix for all production workers
- To assist in the identification and development of Line Leaders to promote success planning
- To assist in the training and development of new starters
- To act as a role model for best practice
- Monitor, control and minimise waste
- Play an active part in continuous improvement
- To participate in the company’s PDP program
- To conduct disciplinary investigations in accordance with company procedure
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
- Preferably food or packing experience
- Experience of working in a customer led environment with changing priorities
- Ability to communicate in a positive and clear manner
- Fosters an open and collaborative culture
- Listen and encourage new ideas from others
- Knowledge of company procedures and actively demonstrates compliance
- Able to positively lead a team of people (temporary labour)
As part of its Drive to make IPS a great place to work. We are proud to be an inclusive and diverse organisation where we are committed to employee development and recognising success for hard working performers.
Our People are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits which include:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Retail discounts via our benefit platform
DON’T BE SHY!! APPLY – SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TODAY