Logistics People are looking for a Line Leader to join our team.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday days 07:00 – finish (between 15:00 – 16:00)
Pay rate: £10.64 – £11.34p/hr
Logistics People are currently recruiting Production Line Leader to join our Team in Wolverhampton, Based at our IPS site.
The role will be responsible for supervising the production line and effectively motivating a small team of people while ensuring productivity targets are achieved, health and safety requirements and the highest standards of quality and hygiene are met.
You’ll spend half of your working day working alongside your team members on the production line, therefore this position will suit an individual who is adept at working in fast past environment, has a hands-on approach and can deliver results.
- Managing production lines and labour to meet planned volume and commercial targets, and in accordance with QA and safety standards.
- Ensuring the final product meets client specifications (SPI)
- Effectively maximising production efficiency to ensure plans are met on an hourly/daily basis
- Adhering to and promoting best practice in accordance with company Health, Safety and Quality regulations
- Ensuring all paperwork and systems are completed and accurate in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring that all areas comply with hygienic audits, both internal and external
- Ensuring GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to
- Attending team leader meetings
- Assisting in the training and development of new starters
- Acting as a role model for best practice
- Monitoring, controlling and minimising waste
- Playing an active part in Continuous Improvement
- Conducting RTW and disciplinary interviews as required
- Participating in the companies appraisal system
- Driving own personal development through training and work based experience
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post
- Food Manufacturing/Packaging background is essential for this role
- The ability to work within fast past environment
- The ability to work in a chilled environment – +2C
- Knowledge of Health & Safety obligations, although training will be provided
- Basic IT skills are required as you’ll be using the integrated management system
- Attention to details
In return we offer:
- Strong career stability and an opportunities to progress through within the business.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Retail discounts
- All PPE is provided on-site out of charge
- Free on-site parking
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to begin your career today