Purpose of the role
The overall purpose of the role is to monitor and operate CCTV equipment including cameras, radios and other ancillary equipment making appropriate pro-active and reactive responses.
Key accountability areas
- Operate all CCTV equipment, radios and any ancillary equipment to provide pro-active and reactive monitoring of CCTV cameras to assist with the detection of crime, antisocial behaviour, H&S concerns and to support the reduction of crime and disorder
- Maintain a close liaison with Site contacts, other CCTV Controllers and the National Security Manager in relation to any incidents
- Monitor, operate and communicate using all forms of equipment
- Supply extracts from CCTV recordings to support investigations, breaches in Security and H&S and highlighting areas of concern in a timely manner
- Always maintain strict Data Protection (GDPR) standards, adhering to the policies and procedures put in place in relation to monitoring, recording, extracting and sharing of images
- The CCTV Suite currently monitors 13 Sites which equates to around 377 Cameras
- The monitored sites are mainly covering Warehouses, Vehicle Yards, Carparks and Office Space along with site perimeters and 2 retail outlets (Truck Stops).
There are 3 types of activity – Proactive monitoring of live events, Reactive Monitoring of live events, Post incident reviews
- CCTV Controllers are responsible for ensuring that all requests for evidential recordings are received on the correct documentation and signed off by the National Security Manager before any commencement of download
- CCTV Controllers must comply with all current legislation including the Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse Act and the CCTV Codes of Practice
- A valid and in date SIA CCTV Licence will be required
Working a 4 on / 4 off rotation 07:00 – 19:00 and 19:00 – 07:00
THE KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
Good standard of education including excellent numeracy and literacy skills
Proven interpersonal and communicating skills including a clear and concise telephone manner and the ability to communicate at all levels.
Recent experience of working within a team environment and relevant experience of working alone and setting own priorities
Proven ability to concentrate for long periods of time and have excellent observational skills.
Recent experience using Windows IT systems (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Must have good attention to detail and ability to multitask when required.
Previous experience of using CCTV equipment (Hix Central) & using radio communication equipment.
If you feel you are suitable for the role please send your CV to: