Warehouse Team Leader – Dagenham
To effectively assist the Supervisor /Operations Manager in the day to day running of the warehouse operation by ensuring;
- Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards.
- Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards
- To promote Health & Safety and HACCP awareness within the warehouse
Main Responsibilities and Objectives:
To ensure Compliance with all Legislative and Company standards to include:
- Managing communication between the site and warehouse staff.
- To ensure all Mechanical Handling Equipment is operated by suitably trained operators and Pre-Use checks are completed prior to use, and paperwork is completed and filed in a professional and timely manner
- To ensure all defects with regard to plant and equipment are reported in accordance with Company Procedures and VOR equipment is suitably locked/signed to prevent use
- To indentify training needs within the warehouse team.
Supervision of all warehouse activities in accordance with Company Processes and Standards to include;
- To manage/supervise the unloading, storage and loading of pallets ensuring that operational procedures are followed
- The reporting, handling and storage of returned, quarantined and damaged pallets
- To carry out daily checks in and around the warehouse (Battery Bay, MHE, Racking, Docks, Doors, Lights, Fabrication) and report issues accordingly.
- To manage/supervise warehouse staff attendance and breaks, ensuring issues are reported to Site Management
- Ensuring all Disciplinary and Grievance matters are reported in accordance with Company Processes
- Maintaining Safe & Legal document
- Covering and running the shift in shift manager’s absence
- HACCP Awareness
- Appropriate MHE Licence
- A working knowledge of basic warehouse management system
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate, ESL Accident Investigation Training, IT Literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Working knowledge of Key ESL Systems
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Capable of good interpersonal skills and resilient character.
- Working knowledge of warehousing and transport operations.
- Working knowledge of Site ISO Quality and BRC principles
- Good levels of commitment and motivation.
This position requires the person to have a high level of flexibility, commitment and motivation and be able to use own initiative. They will also need to be assertive with an outgoing nature, able to cope well in pressured situations, meeting customer expectations and requirements.Apply